Monday, September 26, 2011

First Three Weeks

I have now been in college for three weeks and today mark the beginning of fourth. During the first week, I received a syllabus from every professor. They explained in detail what we would be doing each week, when would exams and quizzes be, how and when to contact them, and what would and would not be accepted. Within the first week, I was able to tell that my professors were not as difficult as others. I also met new people, which I have been hanging out with every week. I now not only know my way around, but I have learned some convenient short cuts. I barely had any homework the first week.
The second week came rather fast. Although, it felt like I had been in school for a month. I now had homework to do. I now knew my schedule by heart. I became content with the way I would take notes. I realized the classes that would take more studying than others. I was now in the habit of checking my e-mail and my d2L often.  I had a routine of going to class at least five minutes early. This week was the first time I did my laundry. I was not homesick but I missed the idea of being home.
The third week was an eye opener for me. I had more things that were due, some even on the same day. I had to buckle down on my studying and the use of my time management. The beginning of the week, I began to study for a biology lab exam that I would take that Friday. Monday I also learned that I would have a biology and chemistry exam. Came Tuesday, I began to format the way I would study. This did not include hanging out as much. My college experience had now become intense and nerve racking. On top of studying for biology lab, biology, and chemistry exams; I still had homework in my other classes. By Friday, I was well prepared for my biology exam. I think that I will get a passing grade on it. But my week was not over; I now had to continue to study for my other exams on the weekend.
Since I have been here, I have been home every weekend except for one. The one weekend I was here, I stayed up all night and slept all day. The weekend before taking my Monday exams, I went home. I did not have a productive study time. These three weeks has allowed me to put everything into perspective. I now know what approach to take to be better prepared for my exams. This fourth week will be the start of me using new study and time management techniques. Another thing I have to change is my sleeping patterns. I tend to go to sleep at one or two a.m. and have to be up at eight. I would now go to sleep no later than one and/or if I am, I would at least study.

No comments:

Post a Comment