Monday, October 3, 2011

What To Eat?

Middle Tennessee State University has four different eating locations, here on campus. All located in different sections of the campus. Each eating place is different, yet the same in different ways. At each place, food can be purchased using your flex bucks, money from the students’ meal plan. The cyber cafĂ© hours are 8am-2am on the week days and 8am-8pm on the weekend. The cyber is like a mini market. They sale: medicine, big bags of chips, boxes of cakes, candy, and a variety of drinks. They also have a subway and a pizza place called tapio’s. It is cheaper if you purchase these things using flex bucks. The main eating place is the KUC. The KUC hours are 8am-8pm on the week days and closed on the weekend.  It has seven eating places within it. It has Einstein bros., chick-fil-a, pizza hut, burger studio, home zone, subway, and a Chinese restaurant. The only restaurants I have eaten at in here are pizza hut, subway, and chick-fil-a. Two out of the four eating places are all you can eat cafeterias. One is the JUB and one is McCallie. Both the JUB and McCallie hours are 7am-9:30pm on the week days and 7am-7pm on the weekends. They both have a variety of foods, ranging from soul food to burgers and fries. They also have certain days where they will have a certain food such as fried chicken Wednesdays. Regardless of what day it is, they always have pizza. The JUB and McCallie both serve breakfast until 11:30am. Each eating place has big sitting areas for students to sit and enjoy their meals.
There are many restaurants in the surrounding area that delivers to Middle Tennessee State University. There are dominoes, papa john’s, and wing zone. They will all deliver until 2am on the week days. Papa John’s pizza allows students to use their flex bucks to purchase their food, if they do it online. Wing zone not only sale wings but they have shrimps, burgers, chicken tenders, and fries. There are three main foods a Middle Tennessee State University student can count on: pizza, subway, and burgers. So far, I cannot even count the number of times, I have had these foods. When I am tired of subway, I get pizza. When I am tired of pizza, I get a burger. Maybe two out of seven days, I do not have one of these three foods.  Although, there are numerous different eating places on campus I have a bad eating habit. I usually eat one meal a day and junk food. If I eat twice a day, the second meal is usually late at night around 11pm. I have only had breakfast once since I have been here. That one time I had breakfast, I did not enjoy it so I would not be eating it again. I have only eaten one salad since I have been here. With this eating at the rate it is, I must work on changing it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment