Monday, October 31, 2011

Final Exams Preparation

The month of December will be the start of taking my final exams for all my classes. So far taking exams have not been my strong point, here at Middle Tennessee State University. With that been the situation, I have learned and is taking different approaches to take to help me on the exams. I have at least two more exams in each class to take before the final exams. I am currently studying every time I get a chance along with the two days I set aside to study chemistry and biology. My grades are now improving. I have one month to continue to bring up my grades until finals. In pre-calculus, I plan to try a different tutor and go to a different place on campus that offers tutoring. In biology, I plan on studying in a different environment and reviewing my notes when the information is fresh on my mind. In chemistry, I plan on going to a tutoring session and working out problems in the book. For both biology and chemistry lab, I plan on reviewing all labs and notes starting two weeks before the final. Taking these actions should help better prepare me for my final exams. Each time I study, I plan on going to the library or the study room in my dorm building. I will start these new tips starting this week. Being that all my exams are on the same day, I have to make sure that I do not try to cram when I study. I also have to make sure I get enough hours of sleep and maybe even a good breakfast. I will go to sleep by nine to get my full eight hours of sleep. The class that I have the most worries in is pre-calculus because I understand how to do the work, but the test problems are always harder than my review problems. Being that final exams are over the whole semester, would make the tests that much harder. I would like to make A’s on all of my final exams. Making all A’s on my final exams would make my first semester of college great. Being that my grades are not horrible grades, making A’s on my final exams would result in a B or A in my classes overall. Making A’s or B’s for my overall grade will result in a good first semester GPA. This would also make me more competitive to get into dental school. A good GPA would mean I would not have to make such a dramatic turn around with my grades second semester, but I would have more room for mistakes when the work starts to get harder for me. First semester see it as I am just getting my feet wet, but next semester I would have to jump all the way in because after that my classes will be focused more on my major. Overall I plan on and will be well prepared for final exams on December 14th.

No comments:

Post a Comment